[Pw_forum] Seeking Advice on Small Hardware Platforms for PWscf Implementation

Paul M. Grant w2agz at pacbell.net
Wed Nov 21 04:24:26 CET 2007

Hi Nicola,

Thanks for your feedback.  I was aware of your page on Quasiamore and
actually have visited it in the past, and should have had a look before I
sent in my forum posting.

Re the PS3, I told my teenage gamer today I'm going to get a unit to
experiment with (I've already begun downloading Yellow Dog Linux).  He was
very happy, because if I fail porting PWscf, he gets it!  Over the last
couple of days, my research reflects exactly what you mentioned on the
detailed performance of the switch.  Also, there may be some issues
regarding Fortran compilers, but I've got some friends at IBM that could
help with this. What concerns me most is the 256 MB on board memory limit,
and I've found no hints online on how to hack this, soldering iron or
otherwise.

Ciao, -Paul

Paul M. Grant, PhD
Principal, W2AGZ Technologies
Visiting Scholar, Applied Physics, Stanford University
EPRI Science Fellow (Retired)
IBM Research Staff Member Emeritus
w2agz at pacbell.net
http://www.w2agz.com