[Pw_forum] restart problem in parallel/serial mode with SOC

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Fri Nov 9 11:35:43 CET 2007

On Nov 9, 2007, at 11:23 , Cyrille Barreteau wrote:

> I thought that v3.2.3 already included these changes since it was
> released in october and the correction were done before.

only "safe" changes (those detailed in the ChangeLog-3.2.3) have
been included in the 3.2.x versions. Changes that have the potential
to introduce new bugs are never included in the "bugfix" versions,
which could otherwise become "newbug" versions.

> By the way I get a compilation error with the version of
> pw_restart.f90 from
>
> http://www.democritos.it:8888/O-sesame/chngview?cn=4926

because there have been extensive changes and the new version
of that routine is no longer compatible with the old version of the
code.

Paolo
---
Paolo Giannozzi, Dept of Physics, University of Udine
via delle Scienze 208, 33100 Udine, Italy
Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222