[Pw_forum] Installation-ESPRESSO-3.2.3 on LINUX

Axel Kohlmeyer akohlmey at cmm.chem.upenn.edu
Mon Nov 5 05:05:02 CET 2007

On 11/5/07, Krishna chaitanya <krishnachaitanya.gunturu at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Hi everybody...
>
> We are trying to install ESPRESSO-3.2.3 in our AMD dual*dual core machine
> which is loaded with RH-AS4. We have downloaded g95 compilers directed by
> README file. Configuration has been done successfully but while making it is
> showing an error. I feel it is due to external libraries (BLAS, LAPACK
> and FFT). Here i have attached configure_logfile and
> make_logfile_error along with this e-mail. I would be greatful if anybody
> can suggest where i was wrong?

you are using BLAS/LAPACK libraries that were compiled with g77.
those are not compatible with g95 (BTW: how did they get into the
flib directory? did you copy them there?). if you have a copy of the
matching g77 fortran runtime (libg2c.a) you may additionally link to
that to work around this problem. other than that, i suggest you
start by using the espresso provided libraries and use g95 also as
fortran 77 compiler. for more details see the installation instructions,
the QE wiki and numerous posts on this topic here in the mailing list
archive.

greetings from sunny bangalore,
     axel.