[Pw_forum] (no subject)

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Sun Nov 4 19:44:03 CET 2007

On Nov 3, 2007, at 10:34 , ramesh kumar wrote:
> i am new to pwgui and trying to learn linux as well as pwgui.
> somehow i could able to install pwgui in my pc. but when i am
> trying to run Si SCF in it says
> can't read "::pwscf::settings(CHDENS)": no such element in array

are you trying to install the PWGui from CVS sources? I am afraid
that it doesn't work any longer since v.3.2 or so. One has to remove
all references to the "chdens.x" executable and to complete the data
for the "pp.x" executable with the new input format. If you discover
how to do this it will be appreciated. If you are not interested in
running
the postprocessing codes or in the recent additions, you should still be
able to use the PWGui for v.3.1

Paolo
---
Paolo Giannozzi, Dept of Physics, University of Udine
via delle Scienze 208, 33100 Udine, Italy
Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222