[Pw_forum] Li pseudo

Axel Kohlmeyer akohlmey at cmm.chem.upenn.edu
Wed May 30 23:54:16 CEST 2007

On Thu, 31 May 2007, Hande Ustunel wrote:

HU> Dear PWSCF users,
HU>
HU> Does anyone have a us pbe Li pseudopotential lying around with 1s
HU> state in valence? I see that the one already in the library has been
HU> removed.

yes. i have the one(s) that was/were removed and it/they
was/were working very well for some systems, but horribly
bad for others. so far i have not been able to either
improve the potential(s) or find an error in the calculations
that show bad results.

if you want to give it a try, i can forward you the required
info and parameters that i was using. it took a bit of tweaking
to get a usable potential at all, since i was working under
the constraints of making it compatible to CPMD, limits the
choices for the number of projectors you can use (for mostly
historical reasons).

cheers,
  axel.