[Pw_forum] some questions about compiling espresso3.2

Chaohao Hu chaohao.mse at gmail.com
Thu May 24 12:01:50 CEST 2007

Dear Dr. Paolo,

Thank you for your help. I have solved this problem. In my present system,
the default compiler is g95. while in my notepad, the default compiler is
intel90. According to the manual of Pwscf, I just configured it again using
"./configure --disable-parallel F77=ifort FFLAGS="-O2 -assume byterecl"
CC=icc CFLAGS=-O3 LDFLAGS=-i-static". Now it's OK.

Best regards,
C.H. Hu

On 5/24/07, Paolo Giannozzi <giannozz at nest.sns.it> wrote:

> On May 24, 2007, at 8:55 , Chaohao Hu wrote:
>
> > But I still hope some experienced users can give me some hints
> > to my problem.
>
> with the description of the problem you gave, you need a magician
> to get some hints. "make clean" first; "./configure", then "make all".
> Compare what you get in the two machines for "make.sys" and for
> "include/c_defs.h" and "include/fft_defs.h" (they are generated by
> "configure"). Look into "config.log" if there are unexplained
> differences
> between the two machines.
>
> Paolo
> ---
> Paolo Giannozzi, Democritos and University of Udine, Italy

C.H. Hu
Postdoctoral fellow
Chimie et Physico-Chimie appliquees
Institut Francais du Petrole (IFP)