[Pw_forum] Redhat linux PCs ESPRESSO compilation

Miriam Marques mmarques at staffmail.ed.ac.uk
Tue May 15 19:24:52 CEST 2007

  Dear PWSCF users,

  I have also tried to compile ESPRESSO with g95, but it is also unable
  to detect the internal FFTW library. In the make.sys the line FFT_LIBS is
empty as well as the line corresponding to the pgplot libraries and MPI_LIBS.
  I was trying to install a fftw-2.1.5 library (I downloaded it from
http://www.fftw.org), but I do not know if it is suitable for Redhat
linux
Writing locate, linux is unable to detect it.

Executing make pw, the following error appears:

In file path_io_routines.F90:430

              CALL spline_interpolation( pos,      1, nim, nim_inp )
                   1
Error: Cannot CALL procedure 'spline_interpolation' that returns a type at (1)
In file path_io_routines.F90:431

              CALL spline_interpolation( pes,      1, nim, nim_inp )
                   1
Error: Cannot CALL procedure 'spline_interpolation' that returns a type at (1)
In file path_io_routines.F90:432

              CALL spline_interpolation( grad_pes, 1, nim, nim_inp )
                   1
Error: Cannot CALL procedure 'spline_interpolation' that returns a type at (1)
In file path_io_routines.F90:436

                 CALL spline_interpolation( posold, 1, nim, nim_inp )
                      1
Error: Cannot CALL procedure 'spline_interpolation' that returns a type at (1)
make[1]: *** [path_io_routines.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/phys/linux/mmarques/espresso-3.2/Modules'
make: *** [mods] Error 2

And, including the external library, the same problem remains.

Thank you very much,

Miriam.