[Pw_forum] Fermi Energy

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Mon May 7 21:28:47 CEST 2007

On May 5, 2007, at 20:48 , Javad hashemifar wrote:

> During partial DOS calculation for a metallic compound I found a
> difference of about 0.7 eV between the Fermi energies obtained
> by scf and nscf calculations. Although the origin of this difference
> is not clear to me

...you should try to make it clear in the first place. If you are
performing
a 'nscf' calculation, with a uniform grid, you should find the same
results,
apart from minor numerical differences, than in the corresponding 'scf'
calculation. Beware: the atomic positions in a 'nscf' or 'band'
calculation
are read from input, not from file

Paolo
---