[Pw_forum] iotk_scan_dat & dos.x

Paul M. Grant w2agz at pacbell.net
Wed May 2 16:56:16 CEST 2007

Paolo, you're probably right.  I haven't had time to revisit the issue...I
had a book review due to Nature this week.  But I will check it out by
Friday.  For "simple silicon," the error is very reproducible, but perhaps
an input format problem.

I thought the question by Martinez on displaced vs. non-displaced MP points
was an interesting one.  For the few tests I've done, not on e-p coupling,
just scf, the choice between them doesn't seem to make much of a difference
in final energy or convergence rate.  The early papers in PR on "special
points" are not much help.  Can you suggest a good up-to-date review of the
subject?

Paul M. Grant, PhD
Principal, W2AGZ Technologies
Visiting Scholar, Applied Physics, Stanford University
EPRI Science Fellow (Retired)
IBM Research Staff Member Emeritus
w2agz at pacbell.net
http://www.w2agz.com