[Pw_forum] Some electron-phonon questions

Miguel Mart=?US-ASCII?Q?=ED?=nez wmbmacam at lg.ehu.es
Wed May 2 12:25:20 CEST 2007

Dear folks,

I've been doing some electron phonon coupling calculations in selected q
points, following a recent discussion between Profs. Floris and
Gianozzi. However, I still have some doubts.

>From what I read at PW/a2fmod.f90 (use the source, Luke) it seems to
save some data from the self-consistent calculations. Is this
data-saving flag equivalent to the previous way of computing the el-ph
coupling with a second very dense non self-consistent mesh? In the case
of not being equivalent, how small are the differences?

On another ground, are displaced Monkhorst-Pack grids compatible with
electron phonon calculations? I'd say no, since the displacement is grid
dependent, and this wouldn't assure that k+q falls in a point in fine k.
Any comments?

Thanks in advance,

Miguel

Miguel Martínez Canales