[Pw_forum] Example21 Problem

Eyvaz Isaev eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 29 19:56:09 CEST 2007

Hi,

Inspecting your output file have shown that you have
memory allocation problem with all 32, 64, 128 and 256
atoms calculations (that is why just a few seconds),
and others were skipped as it was expected.

There is an advice to compile the program using with a
keyword -ftrace=frame or -ftrace=full, though I do not
know how it is useful, and presumably, compiler
dependent. At least, you can try recompile the code
using these keywords.

Bests,
Eyvaz.

--- Amos Leffler <amos at errno.com> wrote:

> Dear Forum,
>        Attached is the result of the following input
> in example 21:
>                    ./run_example 256
> It calculates values for all sizes up to 256 and
> skips the remainder.
> However, I am puzzled that the calculations take
> very little time
> certainly less than a minute for each one.  The
> "README" note says it
> takes a long time and should include more than what
> is shown.  There may
> be more to this than I understand.
>

> Amos Leffler
> Axel Kohlmeyer wrote:
> > On 6/27/07, Amos Leffler <amos at errno.com> wrote:
> >> Dear Forum,
> >>        I found later after sending this note that
> the program ran (in
> >> background) but did the calculation for all of
> the numbers of water
> >> molecules.  The original input did have as the
> last entry a number (64)
> >> so there still is a problem.
> >
> > i disagree. please explain first the existence of
> the -ftrace=full
> > which is obviously causing the problems you see.
> omit it and
> > the script will run fine.
> >
> > axel.

> problem I ran into
> >> trying to
> 10.2 which has
> >> worked well
> in the  run_example
> >> file.

> of -ftrace=full. why?
> argument the maximum number
> (32-512). if you provide

> compares of the first
> corresponding number of waters.
> value of '0' (i.e.
> -ftrace=full argument expands
> messages. in all other

Prof. Eyvaz Isaev,
Theoretical Physics Department, Moscow State Institute of Steel & Alloys, Russia, and
Condensed Matter Theory Group, Uppsala University, Sweden Eyvaz.Isaev at fysik.uu.se, eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com