[Pw_forum] problem with uspp2upf tools

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Sun Jun 24 20:04:49 CEST 2007

On Jun 24, 2007, at 19:37 , shruba at gmail.com wrote:

> I tried couple other  uspp files also but getting same problem,
> I noticed the uspp files I am using is binary files. is it creating
> problem.

binary files produced on one machine are readable on another machine
if and only if:
- they use the same representation of numbers (most machines do)
- they use the same "big-endian" or "little-endian" logic (i.e. most
significant bits first or last, which is which I don't know and it
doesn't
matter as long as they are the same; according to Murphy's law,
typically they are not the same).

> Can you please suggest me how to solve this problem

do everything on the same machine, or try compiler options to
instruct the compiler to read the format you have.

Paolo
---