[Pw_forum] SIGSEGV (was Re:[Pw-forum] example01 errors

Helen helen at fh.huji.ac.il
Wed Jun 20 13:26:43 CEST 2007

I solved the error I was getting for the example01 code.
Reminder: the error occured when ZGEMM was called:
forrtl: severe (174): SIGSEGV, segmentation fault occurred

Stack trace terminated abnormally

I fixed the error by writing my own ZGEMM code (written by slightly modifiying the ZGEMM code found on the internet which blas uses). I then altered f_defs.h to write
#define ZGEMM    C_NAME(repzgemm)
and I placed repzgemm in the flib directory.
I had checked that the library ZGEMM worked by writing a little test code.
All this suggests that there is a memory leak problem.
Now example01 works fine, but the same error message occurs with example03.

I tried the sigsegv.diff patch that Paolo sent and I tried changing ulimit, but none of these solutions works. I also tried using the local blas library.

I'd appreciate any insights into this problem and any comments on the partial solution I found,
Thanks,
Dr. Helen Eisenberg