[Pw_forum] phonons of bcc iron bulk in parallel

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Fri Jun 15 18:54:12 CEST 2007

On Jun 14, 2007, at 18:46 , Andrea Floris wrote:

>> with pools? there was a number of problems with phonons+pools+lsda
>> in 3.2. I though they were all fixed by the two patches, but maybe
>> they
>> were not...
>
> Yes, with npool = 4 . Inspired by your question I run a parallel
> job with
> npool=1 (i.e. with no pools) and everything is fine. So also after
> applying
> the patch 3.2.2, the problem arises when  pools are used.

in fact one needed correction was missing from the patch (the cvs
version
works fine). Thanks to AdC who found it. Attached please find yet
another
(and final!) patch. Go into the directory containing the qe
distribution,
espresso-3.2/ or something like that, and from there:
    patch -p1 < /path/to/the/diff/file/espresso-3.2.1.diff
Paolo