[Pw_forum] ultra soft psps (ld1 vs uspp)

Lazaro Calderin calderin at physics.queensu.ca
Fri Jun 15 14:01:31 CEST 2007

Hi every one,

I wonder if someone could point me to a reference or provide some hints
on how ultra-soft pseudo potentials are calculated in ld1.x as compared
to Vanderbilt's code.

I was able to design a large cutoff ultra-soft pseudo potential for Hg
using ld1.x (espresso 3.2), but I could not reproduce the same pseudo
using Vanderbilt's code (uspp 7.3.6).

I have started digging into the code but in the mean time any info would
be very helpful.

Thanks, Lazaro

Dr. Lazaro Calderin, Ph.D.
Dpt. of Theoretical, Atomic and Optical Physics
Univ. of Valladolid, 47005 Valladolid. Spain
Phone: +34 983 423891   Fax: +34 983 423013
E-mails: calderin at fta.uva.es  or  calderin at physics.queensu.ca