[Pw_forum] three times nothing :-)

BARRETEAU Cyrille cyrille.barreteau at cea.fr
Tue Jun 12 19:44:54 CEST 2007

Dear Paolo,

There is a famous french humorist (Raymond Devos)
who made an whole sketch on this "trois fois rien" he said that
"trois fois rien c'est déjà quelque chose!"
"three times nothing it is already something":-)
Maybe it does not apply to this situation!

 cyrille

On Jun 11, 2007, at 20:22 , Garold Murdachaew wrote:

> [...] I did calculations of the binding energy of Xenon dimer
> (at the minimum separation of 4.42 Angstroms). I obtained (in meV):
>
> 	molpro	pwscf3.2
> LDA	-34	-34
> PBE	 -4	-11
>
> As can be seen, the LDA calculations agree perfectly but the PBE
> pwscf calculation gives an interaction energy almost three times
> more negative.

in French, there is a nice way to say that something is negligibly
small:
"c'est trois fois rien" = "it is three times nothing". It perfectly
describes
the above situation :-).

Paolo
---