[Pw_forum] Re: problem about MPI

Bo Peng bopengchemist at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 12:27:10 CEST 2007

Dear colleage,

sorry for my carelessness.

M>Dear Bo Peng,

M>doing a quick google dig about the problem, I come up with
M>http://www.myri.com/serve/cache/236.html
Thank you for your linking.

M>that is, your secondary script for generating a dynamic port number
M>used in mpi intercommunication is not working. This is most probably an
M>installation issue
M>regarding LSF, or do you have to call such a script yourself in the
M>submit batch file?
yes, the cluster do not support the interactive submit.

M>in the second case, are you sure you are using myrinet version of the
M>mpi?
yes.

M>(I suppose you are on myrinet, as the first error suggests) And
M>besides that, it always is a very bad idea to try to bypass tight
M>integration of grid engines, often admins try to terminate runaway jobs
M>in nodes automatically. Also I am not sure you are bypassing it
M>correctly in that script, are you calling mpirun two times?
In the sencondary file, it is really bad to do so as you said, so
I created the
third file to submit my jobs. The errors related to the third file,
"1 - MPI_COMM_RANK : Null communicator
 [1]  Aborting program !
 [1] Aborting program!
 0 - MPI_COMM_RANK : Null communicator
 [0]  Aborting program !
 [0] Aborting program!"
may be the real case.

M>I think, this problem is not related by espresso, rather it is a LSF
M>issue on your site.
I agree with you.

M>If you are looking for an alternative, may I suggest sun grid engine?
Thank you for your suggenstion.

M>good day,
M>Osman Baris Malcioglu
M>METU Physics
M>Ankara

Regards,

Bo Peng

BTW: It is my pleasure to join the community. :)

Bo Peng, Ph.D Candidate, Department of Chemistry, Nankai University,
TianJin, P.R.China
phone: (86)022-23506808
email: bopengchemist at gmail.com