[Pw_forum] MPI error and wf_collect

Cyrille Barreteau cyrille.barreteau at cea.fr
Fri Jun 1 17:22:50 CEST 2007

Dear all

This is the continuation of my previous email.
To summarize my problem:
when I run a parallel version of pw.x with wf_collect=.false.
the code runs smoothly but with wf_collect=.true. I get the
following error message "n" process killed (possibly by Open MPI)!
at the very end of the code (just after the writing of the
.save files and before the CPU time).

Moreover I thought that everything should be put in a single file
when wf_collect=.true. But this is not at all the case. I even have
more files than with wf_collect=.false.

In case of wf_collect=.true.
I got the following files:
 *.igk_nproc *.wfc_nproc files and *.save directory which contains
K*****(number of Kpoints)
 directories

In case of wf_collect=.false.
I do not have the *.igk_nproc *.wfc_nproc files

cyrille

Cyrille Barreteau  | phone : +33 (0)1 69 08 29 51
CEA Saclay         | fax   : +33 (0)1 69 08 84 46
DSM/DRECAM/SPCSI   | email cyrille.barreteau at cea.fr
Batiment 462       |
91191 Gif sur Yvette Cedex  FRANCE
http://www-drecam.cea.fr/spcsi/index.php