[Pw_forum] [pw_forum] how to set up spin-orbital coupling calculation in PWscf

Stefano Baroni baroni at sissa.it
Fri Jul 27 08:22:03 CEST 2007

I am not sure I understand the question, nor would I probably be able
to answer if I did. However, you may want to think about the fact
that in the presence of SO coupling, a system is always (locally)
spin polarized. You see the point? Stefano

On Jul 27, 2007, at 12:50 AM, Zhiping Yin wrote:

> Dear PWscf users,
>
> I tried to set up spin-orbital coupling calculation in PWscf
> without spin polarization. I used a full relativistic NCPP and set
> lspinorb=.true.. However, the output is identical with
> lspinorb=.false. I wonder what is the correct way to set up a spin-
> orbital coupling calculation with/without spin polarization. What
> is the requirement with the pseudopotential. Thanks very much.
>
> Best,
> Zhiping Yin
>
> --
> Zhiping Yin
> graduate student
> department of physics
> UC Davis

---
Stefano Baroni - SISSA  &  DEMOCRITOS National Simulation Center -
Trieste
[+39] 040 3787 406 (tel) -528 (fax) / stefanobaroni (skype)