[Pw_forum] decomoposition of the atomic contribution to thevibrational spectrum

Huiqun Zhou hqzhou at nju.edu.cn
Tue Jul 17 08:13:56 CEST 2007

Li Niu:

Nobody but linear algebra can help you;-) Go to find a textbook, Gram Schmidt orthogonalization will
help you understand the process of vector orthogonalization. For actual numerical computation, you'd
better use Householder transformation in your case as your 3N vectors are numeric.

Hope this give you a start point.

Huiqun Zhou at Nanjing University, China