[Pw_forum] problem in parallel execution

Mahmoud Payami mpayami at aeoi.org.ir
Sun Jul 15 11:13:26 CEST 2007

Dear PW users,

    Some times when I prepare a parallel environment using "mpdboot" command, and run pw.x (both R & G and k point parallel), at the mid of the execution the number of pools (automatically?!) reduces to smaller values and the running process slows down. That is, when I use "mpdtrace" and I get, say, 10 node names, in the mid of execution this command renders, say 3 node numbers and the program is running in those new 3 pools. I would be grateful if you please comment on how can I control this reduction of the number of pools.

Bests,
Mahmoud Payami