[Pw_forum] Induced charge density, phonon.

Vasile Chis Vasile.Chis at physics.gu.se
Wed Jan 31 10:21:37 CET 2007

Dear users.

I was wondering if I could get some help regarding the induced charge
density at a surface due to a phonon at a specific q-point.

The surface is based on the slab model.

For a specific mode (surface mode) at a specific q-parallel-point (SBZ
zone boundary) I would like to extract the induced charge density in
real space along the slab z-axis, delta-n(R,z) where R=(x,y) (a point i
the slab plane).

I have tried with some lighter examples to use and try to understand the
option in INPUT_PH namely fildrho. All this gave was a lot of zeros,
regardless at which q-point this was done. Any explanations why?

I've would be pleased for any ideas of how to access this problem and
how to get the desired charge density in real space.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards
Vasse
--