[Pw_forum] Acoustic branches

degironc degironc at sissa.it
Fri Jan 26 13:29:20 CET 2007

close to gamma the acoustic branches have linear dispersion.
Away from gamma one should follow the modes that are connected
to these three modes at gamma. If there is no symmetry these are just
the three lowest branches. If there is some symmetry they can cross
a few branches with different symmetry labels and should be possible
to follow the acoustic ones comparing the eigenvectors.
But I dont see any special meaning of acoustic modes far away from
gamma.
What are you looking for ?

stefano