[Pw_forum] how to use lambda.x to get Eliashberg coefficient "alpha^2F(w)"?

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Thu Jan 18 11:38:57 CET 2007

On Jan 18, 2007, at 10:44 , 陳 少華 wrote:

> The "User's Guide" have mentioned that one can use
> lambda.x to get Eliashberg coefficient "alpha^2F(w)".
> But I don't see this procedure in Examples directory.
> Can anyone tell me how to use lambda.x to get it ?

the lambda.x code is actually obsolete. It uses a file format
that is no longer there. It should be easily adapted to the
new format (or vice versa) but there is an alternative way
to calculate the Eliashberg function, used in example 7.
Such procedure is mostly undocumented and UNTESTED.
Whoever wants to calculate electron-phonon coefficients
should 1) know what he/she is doing, 2) carefully test that
the results make sense

Paolo
---