[Pw_forum] RE: Free energy w.r.t. T and QHA

degironc degironc at sissa.it
Thu Jan 18 10:15:24 CET 2007

Sorry but I don't understand...
the root of the QHA is the assumption that phonon spectra
depend on the structure but  not on the temperature (other than
for the dependenceof the structure on T).
That is: QHA assumes that omega(a,T) is actually omega(a(T))
and calculates a(T) and all derived properties with the procedure
I recalled previously.
This is obviously an approximation to reality and these is the
reason for the A in QHA.
stefano