[Pw_forum] question on the pressure in molecular dynamics

degironc degironc at sissa.it
Wed Jan 17 18:10:43 CET 2007

If you want the real pressure you should do a real (so to speak)
dynamics in a variable cell.
In such a case the system will be evoluted according to a
Parrinello-Raman or Wentzcovitch
extended Lagrangian and the system (after equilibration) will fluctuate
around the pressure
specified in the input [variable press in the &CEL namelist].
Hope it helps,
   Stefano de Gironcoli