[Pw_forum] Use -npool with ph.x?

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Fri Feb 16 17:31:02 CET 2007

On Feb 16, 2007, at 17:05 , Miguel Martínez Canales wrote:

> I've been running some phonons calculations (Itanium 2, Linux,
> probably MPICH) and was amazed to see huge differences between
> serial espresso 3.1.1 runs and parallel 3.2.1 runs. I've narrowed the
> search, though, and the problem seems to arise whenever I call ph.x
> with the "-npool" suffix. Is it stupid to run ph.x the following way?

no, it is stupid that ph.x once again doesn't work with pools ...
The problem is known (since yesterday), it should be limited
to LSDA calculations, it is not yet fixed.

There was also another problem with pools: if the number of
pools is not a divisor of the number of k-points, pw.x may
hang. This should be fixed in the current cvs.

Paolo
---