[Pw_forum] Optical Properties Postprocessing Package

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Thu Feb 8 10:50:03 CET 2007

On Feb 7, 2007, at 21:54 , Paul M. Grant wrote:

> As to "contributing," is there a "developer's guide" outlining
> standards for
> modules, includes, use-only pairs and general protocols for executable
> coding?  I can figure some of this out by experimentation, but
> surely there
> must be a standards document around somewhere in the pwscf community.

surely THERE SHOULD BE a document describing coding standards and
the like, but unfortunately there isn't one. The closest thing is file
Doc/refman.tex, but it is little more than a template.

On a different subject:

> I recompiled Espresso using the latest Intel compiler and still
> zero or small
> cpu times are reported.  I suspect this behavior may involve the
> fact that
> I have a dual processor MB.

It works on other machines with dual processor MB

>   Also, from the recent post by Paolo Giannozzi, I gather my
> situation emerges rather often!

not really: the present solution uses calls to standard C library
functions, works for most cases, but there is always a machine
that doesn't enforce the standard or that has a different idea
of what the standard is ...

About CVS: the following CVS web interface may be useful
http://www.democritos.it:8888/O-sesame/

Paolo
---