[Pw_forum] Setup problems with espresso-3.2

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Tue Feb 6 22:45:49 CET 2007

On Feb 6, 2007, at 20:04 , Amos Leffler wrote:

>    ./configure MIF=g95 FFLAGS="-O2 -assume byterecl"
> as suggested on p. 11 of the users guide.

this is an example, not a suggestion (and the correct syntax is
"MPIF90=g95"). You should first try 'configure' with no options.

> Looking through the configure file I note ifort is first noted at
> line 1472
> for the ia32 architecture but there is no mention of g95 in the
> list of fortrans.

g95 is fully supported, as is the Intel compiler ifort (less reliable
but faster than g95). Of course if you supply an option for ifort
to g95 (which is what you did) you will run into problems.

Paolo
---