[Pw_forum] cvs version in parallel, a problem

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Fri Dec 28 21:16:29 CET 2007

On Thursday 27 December 2007 18:59, Jess Kondor wrote:

>  I understand, that CVS version is under development and might not work,
> but in that version a bug in Berry Phase calculation is fixed, so I prefer
> to use CVS version instead official one.
>
> I have noticed that pwscf  crashes in parallel (compiled by ifort 9.1,
> mvapich) , when more than 2 cores is used.

since you are barve enough to use CVS, you should also learn
how to use "cvs update -D 'date'" or "cvs update -r 'revision'"
to find when and why a problem started! There is some work
going on in parallelism (task group impllementation in PW) right
now. You can follow it on the web-cvs interface. The last changes
were made this afternoon (Central Europe Time). If your problem
is not fixed in the next few days, and if you have evidence that it
is due to a bug in the code and not to a bug in anything else, please
submit your problem again

Paolo
--
Paolo Giannozzi, Democritos and Udine University