[Pw_forum] CuO, LDA+U, Pseudopots, etc.

Agostino Migliore amigliore at cmm.upenn.edu
Fri Dec 14 06:32:51 CET 2007

I noted that one of my previous emails was misleading. In fact, the system
is Fe2+/Fe3+, but I noticed the problem when performing calculations on a
single solvated ion, with Fe2+ and no fractional occupations. The system
can anyway get a local minimum for some configuration and some mixing_beta
value (let me remark that this occurs rarely), and this can happen both
with a constrained total magnetization and without it. It seems just a
convergence problem connected to the mixing factor.

Hello
Agostino