[Pw_forum] CuO, LDA+U, Pseudopots, etc.

Agostino Migliore amigliore at cmm.upenn.edu
Fri Dec 14 00:42:15 CET 2007

Hello

I refer to cations in solution (e.g., Fe2+/Fe3+). Indeed, I explored all
parameters and concluded that "the" minimum can be safely found. The only
problem is that for some configuration of the system and some particular
value of the mixing_beta parameter the calculation ends on a local
minimum. In these (indeed infrequent) cases, anyway the (same) minimum is
gotten along a wide range of the mixing_beta parameter, while a higher
minimum (e.g., the energy is 0.01 Ry more, which is significant for my
work) is reached at a particular mixing_beta value.
Let me express my agreement for the consideration about hybridization, on
which I reflected between this email and the previous one.

Agostino