[Pw_forum] FW: about Fermi Energy shift in periodic (q=0) perturbations

Ezad Shojaee ezadshojaee at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 13 11:18:48 CET 2007

Dear Mr. Gironcoli
Thanx for your answer, but sorry I'm not sure i follow you, could you open it more?!
you mean in the case of periodic perturbation(like the constant one) we have a change in the # of electrons? what exactly happens in this case, so we have to shift the Fermi energy(in order to have neutrality condition)? What happens if we do not shift it(As you see i want you to answer the question you made!)?
Thanx again

Ezad Shojaee - Tehran University