[Pw_forum] Help

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Wed Dec 5 16:09:22 CET 2007

On Dec 5, 2007, at 5:22 , John K. Dogbe wrote:

> Could anyone kindly help me understand the following errors I got
> during
> "make all" on SGI Origin 200?  I'm using SGI compiler and I have
> compiled fftw2.1.5 for use. Could there be a problem with my fftw
> build?

no, it is completely unrelated, the problem is in the compilation of the
iotk toolkit.

>  use iotk_attr_interf
>                                  ^
> f90-1108 mfef90: ERROR IOTK_COPY_DAT_AUX_X, File = iotk_misc.F90,
> Line = 341, Column = 34
>   The type of the actual argument, "Cray character pointer", does
> not match "CHARACTER", the type of the dummy argument.

there are no "Cray character pointers" in the code. Old versions of
the SGI
compiler are unable to compile any serious (and even not-so-serious)
fortran-90. I am afraid you need a newer version of the compiler.

Paolo
---
Paolo Giannozzi, Dept of Physics, University of Udine
via delle Scienze 208, 33100 Udine, Italy
Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222