[Pw_forum] Temperature extraction from PW

Antonio Tilocca uccaati at ucl.ac.uk
Fri Aug 31 13:10:34 CEST 2007

I think the extra 3 takes into account the translational (center of mass)
degrees of freedom: if the center of mass is fixed, the total number of
degrees of freedom decreases by 3.
At the same time, the c.o.m. kinetic energy will be
zero, so there is probably no need to subtract it from the total kinetic
energy in the numerator.

Antonio Tilocca
UCL

Message: 5