[Pw_forum] Lecture notes on PWSCF

Stefano Baroni baroni at sissa.it
Wed Aug 22 11:17:09 CEST 2007

Thank you very much, Claudio. This is a very good suggestion indeed.
Is there anybody, out there, willing to help and try to distill from
the material found by Claudio a self-contained documentation package?
Thanks again - Stefano

On Aug 21, 2007, at 10:59 PM, Claudio Attaccalite wrote:

> Dear All
>
> in the last period I used PWSCF for different calculations and
> because the documentation
> is not so great, I searched on Internet and I found different
> lecture notes on PSWCF,
> I send the list if it can be useful to someone else:
>
> Vlab lecture notes:
> http://www.vlab.msi.umn.edu/events/lecture.shtml
>
> HANDS-ON TUTORIAL OF QUANTUM-ESPRESSO :
> http://people.sissa.it/~degironc/QE-Tutorial/
>
> Atomistic Computer Modeling of Materials:
> http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/Materials-Science-and-Engineering/
> 3-320Spring-2005/CourseHome/index.htm
>
> Electronic Structure Calculations and Their Application in Material
> Science:
> http://cdsagenda5.ictp.trieste.it/html_trees_links/1590597488/
>
> Tutorial on calculating phonons:
> http://cms.mcc.uiuc.edu/wiki/download/attachments/5800018/
> Tutorial_phonons_alfe.pdf?version=1
>
> Modeling from the nanoscale to the macroscale:
> http://ermes.physics.ncsu.edu/MSE791K.htm
>
> Quantum Espresso Lab:
> http://cms.mcc.uiuc.edu/wiki/display/ss2006/Quantum+Espresso+Lab
>
> It should be nice if this list can appear in the pwscf webpage
>
> Best Regards
> Claudio Attaccalite

> Claudio Attaccalite
>
> Institute for Electronics, Microelectronics, and Nanotechnology
> Dept. ISEN
> B.P. 60069
> 59652 Villeneuve d'Ascq Cedex France
> Skype: claudioattaccalite
> web site: www.attaccalite.altervista.org

---
Stefano Baroni - SISSA  &  DEMOCRITOS National Simulation Center -
Trieste
[+39] 040 3787 406 (tel) -528 (fax) / stefanobaroni (skype)