[Pw_forum] how to ask. was Re: EXX files I/O

Axel Kohlmeyer akohlmey at cmm.chem.upenn.edu
Mon Aug 20 00:06:28 CEST 2007

On Sun, 19 Aug 2007, david david wrote:

dear "david david beydondstar2000",

to get a useful answer in this forum,
it will be helpful if you understand
a few things about how to send e-mails
to mailing lists in general and particular
this one.

- _please_ use a meaningful subject line,
 however convenient it is to just reply
 to an existing e-mail. this is even more
 important, if you receive a digested version
 of the mailing list and quote everything.

- many people in this forum prefer answering
  only to people that state their name and
  affiliation. it is not (yet) a strict rule,
  but adding, e.g., a short signature to all your
  e-mails is simple and will be much appriciated

DD> i want to know whethe the PW codes can calculate the maximally-localized
DD> Wannier functions of metal ,and whether it is a big memory job.thank you
DD> very much

- please always have a look at the manual and
  search the mailing list archives, before asking.
  all questions except the last one (which however
  can be inferred with a little bit of common sense)
  you could have answered yourself with very little
  effort.

- in general, the quality of the answer you can get
  depends on the quality of the question you ask.
  since you didn't specify what you consider to be a
  big memory job (people's opinion on that depends a
  lot on what kind of hardware they have access to),
  it is very difficult to give a definite answer here.

thanks and best regards,
   axel.