[Pw_forum] spilling parameter in Lowdin - how to assign the charge that went into Nirvana ?

degironc degironc at sissa.it
Mon Apr 30 23:18:58 CEST 2007

In order to calculate the spilling parameter with scaled atomic wfc's
the easiest
way is to modify the atomic_wfc.f90 routine scaling the k+g vectors
[arrays gk
and qg at the beginning of it] ... this is rather easy I think.
In order to optimize the scaling one needs to implement some
minimization startegy...
this implies repeatedly calculate the spilling parameter (if using a
method not requiring
gradients such as the simplex algorithm) or code the calculation of its
derivatives if
one wants to use CG or similar algorithms.
stefano