[Pw_forum] spilling parameter in Lowdin - how to assign the charge that went into Nirvana ?

Konstantin Kudin konstantin_kudin at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 30 22:23:16 CEST 2007

 Hi all,

 Revisiting this month old topic, I'd like to ask how easy/difficult
would it be to add the optimization of the atomic basis for the Lowdin
charge evaluation?

 The optimization is described here:
http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0038-1098(95)00341-X

 With that, one could perhaps even calculate the spread of the atomic
density, and figure out if the atom became larger/smaller as a result
of chemical interaction.

 Thanks!
 Kostya