[Pw_forum] Can anyone help me with bandstructure calculations of GaN

Stefano Baroni baroni at sissa.it
Sun Apr 29 13:49:30 CEST 2007

Also, I think that doing an electronic-structure calculation for a
periodic system having (verbatim) "no idea of the KPOINTS in the
Brillouin zone" is not a very good idea. SB

On Apr 29, 2007, at 12:48 AM, Axel Kohlmeyer wrote:

> On 4/28/07, Daya sagar <sagars_daya at yahoo.co.in> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>>   I am doing the band structure calculations of GaN nanowires. I
>> am using
>> VASP for the calculations. I have no idea  of the KPOINTS in
>> brillouin zone
>
> since you want to use VASP, how about asking in the corresponding
> VASP forum or switching to quantum espresso?
>
> cheers,
>   axel.
>
>> for calculating the band structures. Can anyone help me with the
>> KPOINTS
>> file for GaN nanowire.
>>
>> Thank in advance
>>
>> Regards,
>> Dayasagar.
>>  ________________________________
>>  Check out what you're missing if you're not on Yahoo! Messenger

> =
> Axel Kohlmeyer   akohlmey at cmm.chem.upenn.edu   http://
> www.cmm.upenn.edu
>  Center for Molecular Modeling   --   University of Pennsylvania
> Department of Chemistry, 231 S.34th Street, Philadelphia, PA
> 19104-6323
> tel: 1-215-898-1582,  fax: 1-215-573-6233,  office-tel: 1-215-898-5425

---
Stefano Baroni - SISSA  &  DEMOCRITOS National Simulation Center -
Trieste
[+39] 040 3787 406 (tel) -528 (fax) / stefanobaroni (skype)