[Pw_forum] on optimize amorphous structure

li niu niuli1978 at yahoo.com.cn
Wed Apr 25 15:11:19 CEST 2007

Dear Jean-Yves Raty,

Thanks for your help!
I don't know if I express myself clearly. I use a model structure, generated by CPMD. This model contains 64 atoms in a periodically repeated cubic cell, at the experimental density. The electric structure and optical properties have been previously calculated for the same model structure.
   I want to calculate vibrational properties for the same structure. In this case, need I optimize this structure ? If the answer is yes, do I use the relax, vc-relax or others?

  Thanks!

Best!

  Niu Li