[Pw_forum] Fatal Error: File 'mpif.h' not found.

Hongyi Zhao hongyi.zhao at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 06:38:37 CEST 2007

On Wed, Apr 25, 2007 at 12:03:33AM -0400, Chao Cao wrote:
> If you have mpif90, make sure in make.sys your FC is set to mpif90;

I've the followings and so many others alike:

--------
mpicc
mpif77
mpif77.lam
mpif77.mpich
mpif77.mpich-mpd
mpif77.mpich-shmem
mpif77.openmpi
mpif90.openmpi
--------

According your advices, should I configure pwscf like this:

./configure FC=mpicc

or

./configure FC=mpif90.openmpi

In fact, in this way, I will meet the same error messages.

> otherwise issue  "locate mpif.h" under console to find the path and then
> add the path to your FFLAGS like -I/PATH/TO/THE/FILE.

I've mpif.h in many locations on my system, such as, /usr/include,
/usr/lib/mpich/include/, but the *locate mpif.h* command give me
nothing, why?

P.S.  I have poor knowledge about mpi.  In my case, my
machine is just a standalone computer, not a member of a cluster, should
I use mpi or not?

Thanks in advance.
---
Hongyi Zhao