[Pw_forum] Xcrysden error

Eduardo Ariel Menendez P emenendez at macul.ciencias.uchile.cl
Wed Apr 11 23:32:29 CEST 2007

Hi,
I  have the following error with xcrysden when trying to open any the
pwscf output files, including the examples that come with xcryden.
I found this error reported in he Forum by Diego Moreno some time ago, but
I do not see
the solution. The error hapens with verions 4.1 and 4.1.1.
I am at ICTP/Trieste, where there are many users of the program, so
please, help me.

ERROR: Error reading PRIMVEC section
ERROR: Error reading PRIMVEC section
    while executing
"exec $system(BINDIR)/xsf2xsf $filedir $filedir.raw 3"
    ("eval" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"eval {exec $system(BINDIR)/xsf2xsf $filedir $filedir.raw}
$xcMisc(reduce_to)"
    (procedure "xsfOpen" line 26)
    invoked from within
"xsfOpen $program_output .mesa"
    (procedure "openExtStruct" line 183)
    invoked from within
"openExtStruct 3 crystal external  [list sh
$system(TOPDIR)/scripts/dummy.sh]  pwo2xsf.xsf  {PWSCF Output File} ANGS
-preset pwOutputPreset -file $fil..."
    invoked from within
".menu.vmfile.menu.examples.pwscf invoke active"
    ("uplevel" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"uplevel #0 [list $w invoke active]"
    (procedure "tk::MenuInvoke" line 47)
    invoked from within
"tk::MenuInvoke .menu.vmfile.menu.examples.pwscf 1"
    (command bound to event)

Thanks,
Eduardo

Polite request:
Avoid send Word attachments. To see why, take 6 minutes to read at

Eduardo A. Menendez Proupin
Department of Physics
Faculty of Science
University of Chile