[Pw_forum] Re: configure: error: linking to Fortran libraries from C fails

Stefano Baroni baroni at sissa.it
Tue Apr 10 10:05:54 CEST 2007

Dear Reza:

many thanks for your interest in the Quantum ESPRESSO software.
Please report this kind of problems to the "pw_forum" mailing list
that you can subscribe to from the pwscf.org home page.

Best wishes
Stefano Baroni\
On Apr 10, 2007, at 9:52 AM, jack lory wrote:

> Dear Stefano Baroni
>
> I am reza shidpoor and nanotechnology course in tehran university.
> (Iran)
>
> I have problem in installing espresso
>
> ---------------------------------
> My System:
> CPU  intel core 2 dou
> Main  asus  p 5
>
> Linux fedora core 6
>  ----------------------------------
> Error Massage
>
> "checking for ifort... ifort
> checking whether we are using the GNU Fortran 77 compiler... no
> checking whether ifort accepts -g... yes
> setting F77... ifort
> setting FFLAGS... -O2 -assume byterecl
> setting F90FLAGS... $(FFLAGS) -nomodule
> setting FFLAGS_NOOPT... -O0 -assume byterecl
> setting CFLAGS... -O3
> setting CPP... cpp
> setting CPPFLAGS... -P -traditional
> setting LD... ifort
> setting LDFLAGS...
> setting AR... ar
> setting ARFLAGS... ruv
> setting ARFLAGS_DYNAMIC...ruv
> checking whether Fortran files must be preprocessed... no
> checking how to get verbose linking output from ifort... -v
> checking for Fortran libraries of ifort...  -L/opt/intel/fc/9.0/lib
> -L/usr/lib -lifport -lifcore -limf -lm -lirc -lirc_s
> checking for dummy main to link with Fortran libraries... unknown
> configure: error: linking to Fortran libraries from C fails
> See `config.log' for more details."
>
> Regardly.
> Reza.Shidpoor

---
Stefano Baroni - SISSA  &  DEMOCRITOS National Simulation Center -
Trieste
[+39] 040 3787 406 (tel) -528 (fax) / stefanobaroni (skype)