[Pw_forum] Mg.pz-n-vbc.UPF O.pz-mt.UPF give negative pressure in MgO md calculation

Lawrence Lee lawrence_lee_lee at yahoo.com.hk
Tue Apr 10 08:35:04 CEST 2007

Dear all,

Concerning the matter that the two pp, Mg.pz-n-vbc.UPF and O.pz-mt.UPF give negative pressure in md calculation, but not my previous runs using other 3 pairs of pp, it was found to be because of this O.pz-mt.UPF is not an ultrasoft pp but the other pp I used previously are ulrasoft pp.

When I use ecutwfc=30 and ecutrho=240 (Ryd), the ultrasoft pp gave reasonable results. But in this case the O pp is not ultrasoft, and ecutwfc=30 Ryd is not enough.

Sorry for posting incorrect problem. Sorry.

Lawrence
Lawrence Lee Shun Hang, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong