[Pw_forum] How to do the relaxation calculation by keeping one atom at a fixed coordinate???

Stefano Baroni baroni at sissa.it
Thu Apr 5 11:53:01 CEST 2007

You have to do nothing. Just relax the structure, and translate the
relaxed structure so as the new position of the first atom coincides
with the old one. Because of translational invariance, the position
of any individual atom is arbitrary. SB

On Apr 5, 2007, at 11:43 AM, pnspeaks at sify.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
>      I want to do a relaxation calculation of a 32
>
>   atom
> cell by keeping one atom at a fixed position and other 31 atoms to
> be
> relaxed.Is it possible to do the problem by setting
> X-iforce,Y-iforce and
> Z-iforce equals to 1 for 31 atoms and by not
> setting for the atom I want to be
> fixed ? Or, there is some other
> procedures for doing the job? Please help.
>

>   Prithwish
> Nandi
>
>   Research Scholar
>
>   IGCAR, Kalpakkam, India
>

> Now book your Railway Tickets by cash at Sify Iway. For more
> details contact our Customer Care
>
> Complete Coverage of the ICC World Cup '07! Log on to www.sify.com/
> khel for latest updates, expert columns, schedule, desktop
> scorecard, photo galleries and more!
>
> For the Expert view of the ICC World Cup log on to www.sify.com/
> khel. Read exclusive interviews with Sachin, Ganguly, Yuvraj,
> Sreesanth, Expert Columns by Gavaskar, Web chat with Dhoni and more!

---
Stefano Baroni - SISSA  &  DEMOCRITOS National Simulation Center -
Trieste
[+39] 040 3787 406 (tel) -528 (fax) / stefanobaroni (skype)