[Pw_forum] How to calculate the relaxation calculation by setting one of the atomic coordinate fixed???

Prithwish Nandi pnspeaks at sify.com
Thu Apr 5 11:38:55 CEST 2007

  Hi,
     I want to do a relaxation calculation of a 32
  atom cell by keeping one atom at a fixed position and other 31 atoms to be relaxed.Is it possible to do the problem by setting X-iforce,Y-iforce and Z-iforce equals to 1 for 31 atoms and by not setting for the atom I want to be fixed ? Or, there is some other procedures for doing the job? Please help.

  Prithwish Nandi
  Research Scholar
  IGCAR, Kalpakkam, India