[Pw_forum] anybody has a working Ir potential ?

Nichols A. Romero naromero at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 22:02:41 CEST 2006

Dario,

I generated some Ir pseudopotentials about a year ago for use with
ABINIT. I used it for some benchmark tests on one-atom cells. The
pseudopotential was incredibly hard, too hard for most applications.
It was a norm-conserving pseudpotential. I had planned on generating a
softer one, but never got around to it because I had to defend my
thesis at that time.

If you know how to use FHI98PP, I can suggest the appropriate r_c for
generating it. There were some tricky things with the unoccupied f and
the local potential. I meant to publish the results but never got
around to it.