[Pw_forum] Re: Calculating generalized susceptibility with PWscf

stewart at cnf.cornell.edu stewart at cnf.cornell.edu
Wed Sep 27 22:20:33 CEST 2006

Hi Stefano,

The generalized susceptiblity I'm interested in appears in discussions of
nesting vectors in Fermi surfaces.  It can be expressed in rough latex
format as

Chi(q) = \Sum_{ij,k} \frac{f(\eta_{k,i})[1-f(\eta_{k+q,j})]} {\eta_{k+q,j -
\eta_{k,i}}

where f is the Fermi function, \eta is the energy for the given band and k
point, i and j are band indices.  Only bands that cross the Fermi energy are
included in the sum.  I can send you a pdf file with the equation if the
above is still unclear.

I am putting together a small code to calculate this based on PWscf results,
but I wanted to make sure that this wasn't available as a feature of PWscf.
No sense in reinventing the wheel...

Thanks,

Derek