[Pw_forum] Re:Re:vc-relax (Eric Abel)

Axel Kohlmeyer akohlmey at cmm.chem.upenn.edu
Tue Sep 12 21:34:03 CEST 2006

On 9/12/06, Eric Abel <etabel at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you all for your tips.  It turns out the real fix was to upgrade to
> the latest stable version.  Now the program is behaving as I would expect.
>
> Cesar, you mention the parameters wmass and dt...I was wondering if there is
> a way to get an initial estimate for these values.  Unfortunately the
> documentation on this is sketchy at best.

eric,

please have a look at the tutorial material that cesar recommended, e.g.,
http://www.vlab.msi.umn.edu/events/download/VCS_tutorial.pdf
it contains a lot of examples. usually one needs to get 'a feeling' for
what effect the various parameters have, and in the tutorial pages you
have a large number of examples that you can run easily and then
you should modify individual parameters to see how it affects convergence.

cheers,
   axel.